Sunday, February 28, 2010

Adding to the reference library.. Peter David.

I somewhat accidentally picked up another book to add to the reference library, Writing for Comics and Graphic Novels with Peter David.

I was reading a review concerning said book and hopped over to Amazon for a peek inside, then into the cart to see total costs including shipping for the UK. Wasn't paying attention and purchased the bloody thing as I was multi-tab-tasking. Two days later the thud of this book being squeezed through my doors mail slot wakes me from a 4 hour sleep.

Gotta say I'm not disappointed at all. I always fear books like these, that somehow no good information will be imparted and instead feel more patronizing than humbled. Not that I'm above being patronized, but it's just enjoyable on the receiving end.

Two days later I'm buried in a masterfully written reference on very close points that make me feel that I'm on the right track. At the same time he points out the pitfalls comic writers face by avoiding hard truths.

I'm currently carrying this around along with my dog eared script. Big stupid smile across my face. Got my pitch game in tact.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment