Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The world doesn't need another comic book writer.. but I digress.

It's true the world doesn't need another comic book writer. Not one that's mediocre and not one who thinks their different unless they can prove otherwise.

How about one who wants to prove otherwise but has no work to showcase right now? No, don't need them either.

So who am I bringing my style to the game? The answer: A nobody just like everyone who ever started.

I'm excited for two reasons.

1. It came to me, not in a vision, no no, but instead in simple terms. That this medium suits my perspective better than others, that of novel and short story. This statement alone will scare many, that's fine.

Yes, a good writer will tackle each cousin of this tree but what I'm saying is that of all the cousins, I find comic book writing to be the one that makes my heart feel good.

2. The layout, design and organization gives my nagging ocd a hard on.

Yeah, well that doesn't pay the bills nor does it get you a pitch. Heartstrings and trumpets over to the corner, assertiveness and talent other side.

Fair enough, I'll work my way to that end. Call me realistic.

Blasphemy some say, foolishness the others.

Nonetheless.

I've been translating a vignette to script these past few weeks, tentatively titled, V¡tne!. Its vision has mended well with the medium and i've found myself in utter disbelief at how quickly i've attached myself to its mouth.

The synopsis will be kept under wraps until i flesh out the first book, the artist to be desired is a friend of mine here in Edinburgh, a Mr. Paul Scott Canavan.

He's a conceptual artist by trade yet we've found a common ground on the visual appeal to this project. Egon Schiele meets Ashley Wood.

We'll see.

Consider this the rantings of an aspiring comic book writer and his pronouncement.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic. I love Mr. Canavan's work and look forward to seeing how the two of you collaborate.

    Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete