Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today I decided I was a penciler

Today was what you could call, a productive one. I've heard of these in forums and, like a female orgasm to the uninitiated, am confused when they occur.

Frequented the Edinburgh National Galleries and the Central Library where, upon requesting the requirements for a library card, was pleasantly surprised by "Just your name sir". Yes, that's right, no ID. It was like being a kid at the local library back in '88:

8 YEAR OLD ME: CAN I GET A LIBRARY CARD
LIBRARIAN: YOUR BILLY'S BROTHER AREN'T YOU?
8 YEAR OLD ME: YEAH
LIBRARIAN: OF COURSE

(note: in the interest of clarity, I have no brother.)

It gets better. Not only did I not require ID, but the card was also free. Free !?!?!?!?! Needless to say, I was jocund the rest of the day. That's right, jocund.

But I digress.

My excursion beyond the walls of my 400 sq ft. flat was for a brief art study at the galleries, and this, is the result below.

Photobucket
[The apotheosis of St.Jerome..] [Giovanni Battista Pittoni]

Photobucket
[faceless baby]

Photobucket
['Venus' of 'Mars & Venus with Cupid and a Dog' fame][Paolo Caliari]

Photobucket
[A burly man with burly needs]

Photobucket
[protocol]

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way that top sketch turned out. Nice torso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you pretty girl.. Mr.St. Jerome is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete